UNZIP YOUR FILES
Just as with Desktop version, you will need to unzip the files to access your presets. The mobile files will be .DNG files. You have two options to do this.
1. Click the file link you received in the email. Upon downloading, click the zipped file for it to open. You can also use apps like iZip to unzip the file on your phone.
2. Unzip the files on a desktop as seen above and either email the .DNG files to yourself or if you have a free DropBox account you can drag and drop them in into your files and wait for it to sync onto your phone.
Note: In either case you will need to open the "Mobile" folder and save the .DNG files with the "Save Image" selection onto your phone.
IMPORTING THE PRESETS
At this point you should have all of your .DNG files saved to your phone. If you go into your photo stream and see them as blank picture files, don’t be alarmed – that’s how they should look.
1.Open the Lightroom app and create a new album. Name the album "The Escape Artists Presets".
2.Then open the new album, tap on the three dots in the upper right corner and then tap on "Add Photos" and select "From Camera Roll".
3. Select and import the blank .DNG files.
CREATE AND SAVE THE PRESETS
1. Go into the album containing your newly imported DNG files and open the first file.
2. Now tap on the three dots icon at the top right of the screen and then tap on "Create Preset".
3. Next you will see the New Preset screen which contains all the options you can use to customize your preset. Give your preset a name (we recommend the preset names provided).
4. Create a new Preset Group (the default is "User Presets"). Title this Preset Group "The Escape Artists Presets".
5. The checkboxes shown determine which picture settings you’d like to save with this preset. Only the settings you choose here will be applied to the pictures you edit with this preset in the future. Check all boxes except for Tools, Optics and Geometry as these parameters vary from picture to picture.
6. When you’re done with the settings save your preset by tapping on the checkmark icon at the top right corner.
7. Repeat this step for each .DNG file you downloaded as you will need to save each preset separately. Don’t worry though, you only need to do this once!
USING YOUR MOBILE PRESETS
1. To use your new presets, just go back into your library and open any photo you’d like to edit.
2. Find the Presets icon in the menu at the bottom of the screen and tap on it. Make sure the Preset Group that’s selected is the one where you saved your new presets.
3. Now you can edit the photo by tapping on a preset from the list and then tapping on the checkmark. You can still continue to edit the photo and make adjustments if you like, after you’ve applied the preset.
UNZIP YOUR FILES
To access your new presets, you will need to locate the files that you downloaded.
1. Files are typically in a Downloads folder on your hard drive. Once you have located the folder, you will need to unzip it.
2. Unzipping files on a PC requires you to right click on the folder and choose "Extract All" from the menu.
3. Unzipping files on a Mac requires that you double-click the file. Mac's unzipping utility does the rest!
4. Remember where the files are located. You will need to know this location later.
Note: The Desktop files will come as .XMP files.
IMPORTING THE PRESETS
FOR LIGHTROOM CLASSIC
1. In Lightroom, go to the Develop Module and locate the Presets Panel on the left side.
2. Click the “+” Icon on the right side of the panel and select the Import Presets option.
3. Navigate to the location on your computer where you saved the zipped file with the presets, select all the desktop preset files (this should include 16 .XMP files) and click the Import button.
4. Close and reopen the program.
Note: You will need pictures already in your Lightroom library for this to work!
FOR LIGHTROOM CC
1. Click on the the Developer section of the app in the upper right hand corner. It is three horizontal lines with a circle on each line.
2. Open the Presets section by clicking on the Presets bar at the bottom of the Editing section.
3. Click on the three dots at the top of the Presets panel that opens. Choose "Import Presets".
4. Navigate to the location on your computer where you saved the zipped file with the presets, select all the desktop preset files (this should include 16 .XMP files) and click the Import button.
5. Close and reopen the program.
USING YOUR DESKTOP PRESETS
1. To use your new presets just go back into your library and open any photo you’d like to edit.
2. Find the Presets panel from the Developer Module (on the far left in Lightroom Classic and at the bottom right of the Developer Panel in Lightroom CC).
3. Make sure the Preset Group that’s selected is the one where you saved your new presets.
4. Now you can edit the photo by selecting the preset from the list. You can still continue to edit the photo and make adjustments if you like, after you’ve applied the preset.
THAT'S ALL! HAPPY EDITING
Questions? Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to help!